Rigid Body Dynamics
An implementation of 2D rigid body dynamics using FreeBASIC. Many problems yet to solve. Still in development.
Rigid 2D - rigid_souce.zip 36 K
All in FreeBASIC. No additional libraries needed. Program will compile/run under fb.15, fb.16, win32/linux. It supports the following:
- linear and angular momentum in 2D
- Collision detection/resolution for object/world and object/object interactions
- Scene files to describe shapes and objects to be used in the simulation
- Elastics which can be added realtime during the simulation either object to object or object to world. using the mouse.
- Controls for zooming/panning the scene, restarting, and deleting all eleastics.
All instructions are in the readme.txt, but here's a summary:
make with `mkrigid.bat' or `./mkrigid.sh'
run with `rigid [scenefilename]'
where [scenefilename] is the name of a scene. Defaults to default.ini if not present. I have included some simple scenes to try out in addition to the default.