In Hebrews 1:1-2 were are told, "In many and various ways God spoke of old to our fathers by the Prophets; but in these last days He has spoken to us by a Son, whom He appointed the Heir of all things, through Whom also He created the world." (see Rock Of Ages and The Logos)
This is confirmed by the Book of Revelation since, although The Apostle John recorded it, while a prisoner of the Romans (see Ancient Empires - Rome) on The Island Of Patmos, John was not the author - Jesus Christ was:
The Bible, in its entirety, Old Testament and New Testament, could, in a way, be called the "Book of Revelation" because God's Truth is only available from God, and then can only be understood by means of God's Holy Spirit:
No human mind is capable of finding the Truth of God through carnal thoughts or reasoning alone. If it could, then the famous Greek "thinkers" and philosophers of ancient times, for example (see Paul In Athens), should have easily discovered and been followers of the True God - but instead, relying on their own "great intelligence" only led them deeper into the darkness.
Fact Finder: What did Jesus Christ reveal about what would be happening in the world prior to His Return?
This Week's Bible Quiz
True or false?
1. John actually saw Jesus Christ when he was given to write the Book of Revelation.
2. All of the tribes of Israel (see Children of Jacob) will be included in the 144,000.
3. The earth will some day collide with a large asteroid.
4. The Two Witnesses will have a ministry that will last 3½ years.
5. The two witnesses will be spirit beings who cannot be harmed.
6. The 144,000 will join with Jesus Christ upon His return.
7. The "beast" will be a great military/political leader.
8. The "beast" will have a great religious leader, a "great false prophet," as an ally.
9. The "beast" and his great false prophet will be cast into the lake of fire at the return of Christ.
10. There will be a resurrection of people at the return of Jesus Christ, and another 1,000 years later.
For the answers to this April 24 2001 quiz, see the Bible Quiz Answers Page