Programs and Calendars
Programs and Services
Note that many of our programs are affected by the current COVID-19 pandemic. We are following public health guidelines at all our meetings. Please contact the church if you have any questions.
- Sunday Worship Services + Expand
- At St. Paul's, the majority of our regular worship services are liturgical in style. Worship services for festive days are usually less formal. We gather for worship each Sunday at 10:30 AM.
- Special Days of Celebration + Expand
- Christmas Eve at 7:00 PM
Christmas Day at 10:30 AM
New Years Eve at 7:00 PM
Wednesdays during Lent at 7:00 PM
Maundy Thursday at 7:00 PM
Good Friday at 10:30 AM
Easter Sunrise at 7:30 AM (in addition to the regular 10:30 AM Sunday service)
Ascension Day at 7:00 PM
- Sunday School + Expand
- Bible Classes for adults and youth are offered at 9:00 AM. Classes meet from the Sunday following Labour Day until the first Sunday of June.
- Youth Group + Expand
- This high school aged group meets once a month on a Friday evening for a fun activity and the study of the Word of God.
- Bible Study Groups + Expand
- These vary in number, size and time. Presently we have groups which meet on Sunday mornings, Tuesday mornings and two Saturdays of each month. These groups recess for the summer months
- Quilting Group + Expand
- A dedicated group of ladies meets Monday morning and afternoon to hand stitch quilts for sale and to tie quilts for world relief. Proceeds from the stitched handiwork are used to support a variety of Christian ministries locally and abroad.
- Community Social Assistance + Expand
- While we believe that our primary ministry is to the whole person (body and spirit), we do offer some assistance in the form of food vouchers, etc. to those outside of our spiritual care as well as to our members in need.
- Mission Team + Expand
- Each January, for roughly 12 days, members of St. Paul's, together with others, travel to Nicaragua to assist sister congregations in the Leon region with construction, several VBS programs and other relief work.
- Newcomers' Class + Expand
- This series is offered several times during the year for all interested in knowing more about the beliefs, values and goals of St. Paul's and other Lutheran congregations in fellowship with it. These classes meet once a week for ten to twelve weeks. Meeting dates and times vary. For more information,
- Prayer Chain + Expand
- More than 25 concerned members are on call to pray for any
who desire prayer. Just call 519-669-5000 or 519-669-2593 or
Never Doubt the POWER of Prayer
- Teenage Confirmation Classes + Expand
- A two year in-depth program of Christian teaching is offered for children in grades 7 and up. These classes meet once a week from September to June.
- Vacation Bible School + Expand
- After 25 years of VBS ministry, St. Paul's is taking a hiatus. The continuation of this ministry is currently under evaluation. Click here to see some of our past VBS themes
- Choir + Expand
- A beautiful mixed choir enhances our worship services from September to April. The choir, led by Ron Wagner, meets to rehearse on Thursdays at 7:15 PM
- Euchre Club + Expand
- For those who enjoy playing cards and getting to know other members on a casual level, this group of all ages meets to do just that. Games are held in the homes of players at a time determined by the hosts.
- Women's Group + Expand
- Our ladies meet once a month as announced from September to June for inspiration, information and/or to socialize. This group actively supports local and foreign Christian missionary work.
- Hymn Sing+ Expand
- This group gathers at Chartwell Nursing Home on the second and fourth Mondays of the month, from September to June to lead the residents of the home in the singing of Christian hymns.
Calendar of Events
A Calendar of Events for congregations of the Kitchener Circuit of Lutheran Church–Canada