Curries United Church  1855-2020 (Closed)

465003 Curries Road, 

Township of Norwich, Ontario


Curries United Church stands on top of the hill in the centre of the small hamlet of Curries, Ontario.  The congregation of this rural church has stood as the foundation of the community. It was founded in 1855 as a Wesleyan Methodist Church, at which time it was named Zion Church.  The actual church building was built in 1891 and declared a heritage building in 1986 and closed in the fall of 2020. The church sits adjacent to Pleasant View Cemetery and a municipal park.  All of the windows in the church were stained glass including four special windows dedicated by past and present members.  Beautiful oak benches, woodwork and wainscoting adorned the interior. 

currieschurch




© Nathalie Dale 2010-2020